Galletto and Associates COVID Office Protocols
While many things have changed over the last year and a half, one thing remains the same the commitment and safety to our patient, family and staff.
We at Galletto and Associates pride ourselves on following the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), The U.S. Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect both patient and staff:
- You will receive a questionnaire with your reminder call/text/email. Please complete it prior to getting to the office to get the patient into the office in a timely manner.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when entering the office.
- Use of a non-touch thermometer
- We are limiting the number of patients and parents into the office at this time to limit exposure
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. After school times will be limited.
- We will do our very best to accommodate after school appointments however they are limited.
- We have introduced 3 negative pressure rooms
- We use the highest level of sterilization on all surfaces and equipment.
What we ask of our patients:
- Travel by plane or visiting some states please forgo coming into the office for 14 days
- Exposure to Covid in the last 14 days, please reschedule
- Patient or family member had COVID please reschedule appointment for 6 weeks
- Symptoms of cold or cough, fever, sore throat reschedule appointment
We understand that these guidelines may seem strong but the only thought we have is for the safety of our patients that we like to consider like family.
When you arrive:
- Please fill out the TWO forms sent to you prior to your appointment. The first form is a COVID screening questions. The second form is a consent to treatment.
- Once you have arrived at our office, please remain in your car and text the designated number for the appropriate office with the patient's name.
Phoenixville Office (484) 752-5780
Pottstown Office (484) 524-5850
Boyertown Office (484) 752- 5490
- Once we are ready for you or your child's appointment, we will contact you to come to the door. Temperature will be taken prior to entering the building. Depending on the appointment type, we ask parents to remain in the car.
Dr. Pyke COVID Office Protocols
- When you arrive at the office please text (484) 524-3310 with patient's name and parking spot number.
- Please remain in your car and someone will bring a screening form out to be completed.
- An assistant will take the parent and patient's temperature prior to entering the building and walk you to your chair when it is ready.
We ask patients to reschedule appointments if:
- Patient or family member in the household has a positive COVID test within the last 6 weeks.
- Any COVID related signs or symptoms
- Patient or family members have traveled outside of the state of Pennsylvania.
- A COVID exposure has occurred in the last 14 days.